Talk

Advanced search

18 month old still not eating and sick alot! ADVICE NEEDED!

(2 Posts)
Flower1987 Thu 21-Sep-17 10:08:34

Hello, Since my little one started solids its always been a issue, he would also gag and bring the contacts of his stomach up. The only foods he does eat at the moment is baby porridge for breakfast and the Heinz baby powered food you mix with hot water (broccoli and cauliflower one). When I started him on lumps at 6months he would just gag, Ive tried everything and still sit him to the table at dinner time and give him our food but he just will not have it. I even done a mouth full of what he likes then a mouth full of lumpy roast dinner, and he just sobbed....another example would be a mc Donald's chip, he did give it a go and then he would just scream and the next minute he throws up....then last week he has also brought his baby porridge up about 10mins after eating it (this is new) he always kept that down normally.

He's not interested in finger foods and even with chocolate or sweet things, still no interest. He does occasionally give skips or quavers ago but again may eat 1 or 2 and that's it.

Apple - he does occasionally chew it but just spit's it out.

I have two older children too and he sees them eating every day but still no interest.

I have seen a speech and language therapist/dietician and they just say continue with what I'm doing. I just feel could there be something wrong??

He has a little cold at the minute due to teething but nothing too bad and just through coughing he brings his milk up.

Has anyone else experienced this at all and could there be something medically wrong that there not seeing or even considered?

Thank you for reading!! smile

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Thu 21-Sep-17 21:26:22

Has he been checked for tongue tie Flower? I'm not sure about the vomiting but my DS couldn't tolerate lumps for a long time and it turned out to be tongue tie.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now