Talk

Advanced search

Getting confidence back after choking.

(4 Posts)
notsomumsymum Sun 20-Aug-17 19:28:51

Hi everyone,
My 9mth DS choked last week on his tea. He's absolutely fine now but I'm not!
It's really knocked my confidence as far as solids are concerned. He has been a brilliant eater and would usually have porridge in the morning, cream cheese on toast for lunch with finger food and bits of whatever we're having for tea.

Since choking I can't face giving him the finger food and he's been on pouches. It was honestly the scariest thing that's ever happened to me and I'm terrified of it happening again.

How do I get over it? I gave him sliced banana with his tea tonight and I honestly felt sick!

What food would be best to start again with? It was a toast finger that he choked on.

Thanks.

Katrose Sun 20-Aug-17 20:56:13

I know this is scary and not what you want me to say, but give him a toast finger and watch carefully! When he doesn't choke on that you'll breathe a sigh of relief. Fingers crossed OP flowers

user1471546851 Sun 20-Aug-17 21:01:44

I have the same issue so not very helpful I'm afraid
My 12 month old ds gags and vomits on anything sold I give him and has done since we started weaning. I have to puree absolutely everything even now.
My 3 yo ds on the other hand was great with solids from day one.

Timetogrowup2016 Thu 24-Aug-17 16:04:24

Did he actually choke ?
Gagging which looks like choking is v v v common.

If he chocked he would be of been silent.
If he was coughing it was gagging

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now