Talk

Advanced search

Weaning at 4 months AIBU??

(8 Posts)
LunaGirl22 Wed 19-Jul-17 20:10:41

I've seen on Facebook that my friend is weaning her 4 month old already, it's just really irritated me because she's not even giving DC a healthy diet! She was commenting to someone about all this crap DC is eating! AIBU to be so irritated? Obviously haven't said anything to her, her child her rules...just annoys me because all the advice says to wait until 6 months minimum...

user1465146157 Wed 19-Jul-17 23:52:31

i know a few people who started early (4months plus) and its worked for them

the healthy diet thing is another issue but yes, her child her rules... what kind of things is she feeding them that you think is bad?

NorthernLurker Wed 19-Jul-17 23:56:30

Why do you care? The guidelines are a guide, not a law. I weaned all of mine at four months as that was the advice for the first two and I carried on as with them for the third. Everybody is still breathing and talking and stuff.

Dumdedumdum Thu 20-Jul-17 00:03:30

Well she's not just getting on with it she's posting about it on fb (in a matter of fact way or a aren't-I-great way?) so it kind of invites comment.
Advice is to wait to 6 months, but some people's bubbas are just too grown up to wait.

DixieNormas Thu 20-Jul-17 00:10:51

Ds1 was weaned at 4 months , he's 22 now and everyone (I knew) did the same. The other 3 were born when the guide had changed to 6 months.

He's the only one who has allergies/ intolerances. May have nothing to do with when he was weaned obviously but I didn't want to risk it with the others.

m0therofdragons Thu 20-Jul-17 12:08:49

4 months was advised to my by paediatric consultant due to dd's reflux and in Ireland 4 months was always the advice 9 years ago when it was 6 minutes here.

Every baby is different so let them do what works for them and take off your judgy pants.

m0therofdragons Thu 20-Jul-17 12:09:44

Months not minutes. Sorry for so many typos but you get the idea.

Dumdedumdum Thu 20-Jul-17 13:41:05

The majority of babies will fare better when weaned at 6 months rather than 4. I was weaned at around 1 month so am somewhat bitter about this, but it was the done thing at the time - doesn't mean we should always do what we've always done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now