Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

11 Months and still not on solids

(6 Posts)
user1499815872 Wed 12-Jul-17 00:39:22

Hi I was just wondering whether anyone could offer some advice.
My son is 11 months old and is my first child, he still is not on solids and I feel like I have tried everything to help him but nothing is working. He is behind in his development by 5 months and isn't holding or picking things up. I try to put finger food in his hand but he just drops it. When I put solid food to his mouth he will make a face and shake his head from side to side. He has been referred to a pediatrician but have been told it can take a couple of months to hear back from them I understand that it can affect his speech by not being on solids can anyone recommend any strategies to help please

AssassinatedBeauty Wed 12-Jul-17 13:06:51

Does he pick up and mouth any toys at all? Does he put his fingers in his mouth? Just wondering what he would do if you put food on a high chair tray in front of him, assuming he can sit fairly well.

dazzleboo Wed 12-Jul-17 14:07:06

My DS was similar with solid food at that age and it turned out he had a number of food allergies which were making him feel unwell around food- might be worth seeing if your GP could arrange some allergy testing?

Dangermouse1 Wed 12-Jul-17 15:26:53

Hi, sorry I have no useful advice but just wanted to bump this for you. Since he has a developmental delay, maybe try posting in special needs as there could be more people with similar experience - they are very helpful on those boards

Dangermouse1 Wed 12-Jul-17 15:38:22

Not necessarily suggesting there is SEN involved, just that a lot of SEN children have food issues and it might be a good place for add.

Queenofthestress Fri 11-Aug-17 09:44:57

DS has GDD,, he was around that far behind then, the best advice I was given when weaning was forget is actual age and go on what age his delay puts him at
That was the best advice that's served me well in all areas of his life, it stops me getting frustrated because he can't do something that most other kids are doing at his age

So 5 months behind 11 months would be what, 6 months, so no way would I be expecting DS to pick up and eat solid foods, I think at that stage DS was still on 1 meal a day of purees being spoon fed, I also got him checked for allergies as well (he ended up being lactose intolerant)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now