Talk

Advanced search

Does this sound okay?

(7 Posts)
Pipsqueaked Thu 29-Jun-17 14:27:13

Still new to this weaning. DS has only just started eating food rather than spitting it out everywhere l/ smudging into his hair at 7 months.

Today he has had:

Breakfast: half a wheatabix and milk

Lunch: Half a mashed avocado and small bowl of natural yogurt.

Dinner: Will be roast sweet potato to gum on (throw everywhere)

Does this sound okay? (In both amount and variety)

isthistoonosy Thu 29-Jun-17 14:31:40

It sounds fine to me although id also given veg at dinner. We mostly gave the same foods we were eating as it got them use to the flavours.

Pipsqueaked Thu 29-Jun-17 14:39:47

We are having corgette lasagne for tea, which uses a lot of cream cheese and didn't know whether this would be too salty for baby.

AssassinatedBeauty Thu 29-Jun-17 18:23:33

I'd give more normal food too, whatever you're having if it's suitable. Cream cheese isn't too salty at all. Babies are supposed to have no more than 1g of salt a day, on average. Cream cheese wouldn't be too much, and the quantities are small.

Aliveinwanderland Thu 29-Jun-17 18:30:24

My DS is 8 months and already very picky! Today he has had-

Breakfast- 1 soldier of toast

Lunch- a tomato, cheese and mushroom puff pastry pinwheel. 1 giant Ella's Kitchen Melty puff, 1 biscuit.

Dinner- half a 1 egg omelette with cheese, mushroom and tomato. 1 piece of broccoli. He was also given carrots and sugar snap peas but didn't eat those. Pudding was a piece of watermelon.

InDubiousBattle Thu 29-Jun-17 18:34:59

I just gave mine whatever I was having at 7 months- but I did buy low salt alternatives (butter, gravy, beans etc). Courgette lasagne would be fine. I would also have given more, with probably some snacks thrown in.

Pipsqueaked Fri 30-Jun-17 08:51:04

Thank you I will try that tonight.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: