Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can my 7 month old eat pate?

(4 Posts)
TheSleeperandTheSpindle Fri 16-Jun-17 08:12:02

I'm trying to introduce lots of different flavours to my DS and remembered how much I love pate.

I thought I'd quickly check online before giving him some but I can't find a clear answer. Some websites are saying it's ok and some are saying I could give him a vitamin A overdose hmm

Pate isn't on the NHS list of foods to avoid so would a little on toast be ok?

FartnissEverbeans Fri 16-Jun-17 10:21:06

I did the same research and found the same non-answers. I gave him it anyway. He's only had it once (because I ate all the rest blush) but one online source said to limit it to once a week which sounds sensible, though twice would probably be ok as he really gets very little of it in his mouth!

He loved it btw

TheSleeperandTheSpindle Fri 16-Jun-17 10:48:29

I'm going to go for it, like you say he won't actually get much in anyway. He mostly enjoys smearing toast toppings up his arms grin

tappitytaptap Sun 18-Jun-17 10:04:48

Mine is 14 months and going through a bit of a picky phase (could be teething as he has no molars yet, who knows grin) and he adores pate - have just been to France and he had duck and lamb ones. I wondered about the vit A too but couldn't find anything saying not to. He grabbed it off our plates anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now