Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Chilled Baby Food - Where to buy?

(10 Posts)
happyhelper1991 Thu 15-Jun-17 11:20:21

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if you can buy ready made, chilled baby food from any supermarkets in the UK?

I can't believe I've not been able to find it anywhere, it seems like a no-brainer?

Frozen would be good also.

(i do make myself sometimes but it's sooo time consuming i want to be able to buy it, to help save time!)

Cheers,

H

JohnLapsleyParlabane Thu 15-Jun-17 11:27:55

What sort of food are you looking for?

NannyR Thu 15-Jun-17 11:30:41

Years ago there was a company that made frozen baby food but I haven't seen it on sale recently, so maybe it just wasn't that popular. A quick Google only brings up an American company and a British company doing frozen blw finger foods.

There is nothing wrong with the occasional pouch or jar for convenience, or something simple like mashed banana or avocado is really quick.

Talcott2007 Thu 15-Jun-17 11:34:46

I've never actually used them for my DD so cant personally recommend but several of my mummy-friends buy 'little dish' range

www.littledish.co.uk/our-food/

ShuttyTown Thu 15-Jun-17 12:41:01

Does it have to be chilled? Do you mean whole foods for blw or purée?

SacharissaCrisplock Thu 15-Jun-17 12:49:30

If you're looking specifically for chilled then Sainsbury's have some Little Dish meals and another brand that I can't remember the name of, I think they're for slightly older babies/toddlers though (over 1).

When we were weaning we used a lot of the Ella's kitchen pouches, they aren't chilled but they're (from what I've seen) tasty and don't have a lot of additives etc.

AssassinatedBeauty Thu 15-Jun-17 12:53:26

The little dish meals would be fine for BLW style self feeding from 6 months, imo.

DerelictWreck Thu 15-Jun-17 12:58:19

There are quite a few companies that sell chilled baby food in the fridge aisles of supermarkets - Little dish, Anabel Karmel etc

PotteringAlong Thu 15-Jun-17 12:59:00

Just give them what you're having?

Justdontgetitatall Thu 15-Jun-17 13:01:32

Www.cook.co.uk have a wonderful range of frozen baby food that is all Organic and has a beautifully authentic homemade taste! I was really impressed! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now