Talk

Advanced search

Breakfast for 7mo

(11 Posts)
pipnchops Wed 31-May-17 07:51:36

Hi I'm just looking for some breakfast ideas for my 7mo. So far I've been trying various brands of baby porridge mixed with a bit of formula but feel like I'm typing my money in the bin as she seems to hate them all. I ebf so not sure if it's the formula taste she dislikes but I find expressing almost impossible. Is it too early to try weetabix and full fat milk, which is what my toddler has? I also give her a bit of banana as finger food but I think most of this gets spat out.

HerculesParrot Wed 31-May-17 09:08:38

It's fine to use cow's milk in cooking from 6 months - it just shouldn't be their main drink. It doesn't have sufficient nutrients to be their main source of sustenance (which will still be formula or breastmilk for a while) but there's nothing in it that will harm them.

If porridge isn't going well : Toast soldiers with various things on? Fruit and yoghurt? Omelette or scrambled eggs?

HerculesParrot Wed 31-May-17 09:09:16

And yes, Weetabix is fine.

WildKiwi Wed 31-May-17 09:30:26

Maybe try making porridge with cows milk. Baby might prefer that taste to formula. Is it plain porridge? My 7 month old likes some fruit puree mixed in with it. He also likes Weetabix with milk (it helped to eat a bit of it in front of him at first).

Annabel Karmel has some good recipes on her website as well.

FartnissEverbeans Wed 31-May-17 18:15:52

I bought baby porridge and tasted it - it was horrible! DS didn't like it either. He likes Ready Brek though - he's had that twice and loved it, but I'm not too sure how healthy it is to use regularly? I just had some lying about and decided to try him with it.

Just now DS has a natural yoghurt in the morning which he absolutely loves. It's great because he used to refuse his bottle in the mornings so this way he goes to nursery having eaten something substantial.

Weetabix is also a hit in our house, and I quite often mix it with fruit purée if I'm feeling flashy grin

dementedpixie Wed 31-May-17 18:18:17

Ready brek is fine as it has no added salt or sugar.

WildKiwi Wed 31-May-17 20:28:47

Just another thought with Weetabix - my DS likes it warmed up.

TheSleeperandTheSpindle Wed 31-May-17 20:53:47

My 7 month old DS has a few firm favourites -

Porridge, made with cow's milk, and different fruit purees stirred in.
Weetabix with cow's milk and fruit puree.
Natural yoghurt and fruit.
Banana pieces.
Toast with different toppings, he especially loves peanut butter or cream cheese.
Rice cakes with different toppings.

We tried scrambled egg but he just looked at me like this ---> hmm while it rolled around in his mouth grin

Orangebird69 Wed 31-May-17 20:57:18

The only cereal type thing my ds would eat was Ellas Kitchen strawberry and raspberry porridge. I used to put pear/prune puree or squashed raspberries in it. Ds hates milk (aside from breastmilk) but still eats that now at 19mo occasionally. He does seem to prefer scrambled egg and mushrooms now.

Youvegotafriendinme Fri 16-Jun-17 00:26:48

Aptimal baby mixed cereal (I'm sure that's what it's called) you make with water, taste just like our porridge and DS loves it. I wasted quite a bit of money too on other porridges. It also takes purée and mashed fruit really well with out going funny. He also likes weetabix, toast, scrambled egg

FartnissEverbeans Fri 16-Jun-17 04:14:19

Ready brek is fine as it has no added salt or sugar.

Brilliant! Will be buying more grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now