Talk

Advanced search

Spiralised courgette/ courgetti

(8 Posts)
Littleguggi Tue 30-May-17 10:14:23

I have a load of courgettes and was wondering what to do with them before they go off. Is it okay to give a 9 month old courgetti?

Newname20 Tue 30-May-17 10:15:24

Of course. Why wouldn't it be?

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Tue 30-May-17 10:19:16

Was wondering why it wouldn't be ok too. What were you worried about OP? smile

Rainatnight Tue 30-May-17 10:21:53

We've done it and to be honest it didn't go brilliantly. The stringy bits of skin were really hard for her. It would probably work if you peeled it though

Littleguggi Tue 30-May-17 10:44:24

Thanks guys! Not sure what I was worried about to be honest..just you don't see it feature in baby cook books so I wasn't sure if it was the done thing. I get what you mean about the skin. I was thinking of stir frying it to soften the skin and then maybe adding some tomato pasta sauce to it. Hmm think I've got my lunch sorted too smile

PenelopeFlintstone Tue 30-May-17 10:46:58

I think you should chop it up. My toddler was eating noodles many years ago and started choking. I pulled the noodles out and they just kept coming and coming! He'd been swallowing and swallowing without actually biting them. It was such a shock.

Littleguggi Tue 30-May-17 10:51:38

Oh gosh that sounds awful! I can imagine my daughter doing the same..she has a tendency to stuff food into her mouth but not actually swallow it after each bite! Thanks for the advice..I will definitely chop it up!

Littleguggi Tue 30-May-17 18:28:51

So I made it for lunch..it didn't go down very well but she enjoyed playing with it whilst I spoon fed her a vegetable and lentil casserole! It was a good distraction!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now