Talk

Advanced search

What age did you start weaning?

(5 Posts)
user1482079332 Fri 19-May-17 19:27:00

Just that really. How did you go about it and what's your country of origin? Just wondering how similar or different advice is

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Sun 21-May-17 10:48:41

The WHO guidelines are pretty clear user smile

n0ne Sun 21-May-17 10:55:29

Dutch guidelines are to start at 4-6 months (or were 4 years ago). We started with purees at 4.5 months but quickly moved onto BLW - fruit and veg to begin with, then bread and meat/fish. The bread might be surprising but it's very much the staple diet in NL so people wouldn't think twice about giving a 5mo a bit of toast or a breadstick. Also peanut butter from early on. Only things we avoided were salt, honey til the age of 1, and cow's milk as a drink til 1yo. By 1yo DD was eating what we were eating. I breastfed along with the weaning til nearly 2yo.

FartnissEverbeans Wed 31-May-17 18:21:28

I'm in the Middle East and was advised to start giving veg purees at four months by our paediatrician. I didn't - we ended up starting properly at about six months. Before that he had a couple of mouthfuls of things but only very little.

skyzumarubble Wed 31-May-17 18:24:17

Uk - 20 weeks under pead supervision due to reflux. It was a royal pain in the arse and I would wait as long as possible if I ever did it again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now