Talk

Advanced search

What age did you start weaning?

(5 Posts)
user1482079332 Fri 19-May-17 19:27:00

Just that really. How did you go about it and what's your country of origin? Just wondering how similar or different advice is

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Sun 21-May-17 10:48:41

The WHO guidelines are pretty clear user smile

n0ne Sun 21-May-17 10:55:29

Dutch guidelines are to start at 4-6 months (or were 4 years ago). We started with purees at 4.5 months but quickly moved onto BLW - fruit and veg to begin with, then bread and meat/fish. The bread might be surprising but it's very much the staple diet in NL so people wouldn't think twice about giving a 5mo a bit of toast or a breadstick. Also peanut butter from early on. Only things we avoided were salt, honey til the age of 1, and cow's milk as a drink til 1yo. By 1yo DD was eating what we were eating. I breastfed along with the weaning til nearly 2yo.

FartnissEverbeans Wed 31-May-17 18:21:28

I'm in the Middle East and was advised to start giving veg purees at four months by our paediatrician. I didn't - we ended up starting properly at about six months. Before that he had a couple of mouthfuls of things but only very little.

skyzumarubble Wed 31-May-17 18:24:17

Uk - 20 weeks under pead supervision due to reflux. It was a royal pain in the arse and I would wait as long as possible if I ever did it again.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: