Talk

Advanced search

Milk allergy/intolerance?

(4 Posts)
vallinnapod Mon 15-May-17 20:44:00

Hi all, on DC3 so you'd hope I'd have a better idea of what I am doing, but it turns out I still have a lot to learn grin

DS is nearly 6 months. EBF up until about 2 weeks ago when I have started to wean him on to formula in the evening. Built up from 20mls as I am prone to blocked ducts. I noticed a couple of times the skin around his mouth went a little red but it had disappeared in under 30 mins.

This weekend I tried some aptimil porridge. He couldn't have cared less about it, looked like I was trying to poison him. Skin around his mouth went really quite red for an hour or so. No other symptoms. His nappies are always 'loose' looking as BF. He's had mild eczema since birth. Mainly behind his knees and in his ankle creases.

Any thoughts? I was at the GP today anyway who was pretty dismissive of it all.

hungrywalrus Mon 15-May-17 20:52:26

Watching with interest as my DS seems to be similar. To me it looks like a reaction to his skin as all seems OK on the other end. Will be asking the health visitor. I've just started giving him more solid milk products so they don't get on his skin. Eg pancakes made from porridge powder, formula or milk.

vallinnapod Mon 15-May-17 21:03:36

I'm going to see the HV at a weigh in on Weds so will feedback with their thoughts too smile

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Sun 21-May-17 10:54:44

What did the HV say vallinna?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now