Talk

Advanced search

Transporting purees

(4 Posts)
spacepoodle Thu 13-Apr-17 14:45:50

I have made some purees for DS who is 7 months; one batch of sweet potato, carrot and lentil and one batch of sweet potato and avocado.

Normally I would just freeze it all and defrost when needed but we are going away for the weekend for 3 nights and I want to take some of it with me. Is it best to freeze and put in a cool bag with an ice pack tomorrow or put in the fridge and take in a cool bag? The drive will be minimum 5 hours and there will be a freezer at the other end.

Sorry for the anal question, just don't want to end up with a load of unusable, half-defrosted mush!

DeliciouslyHella Thu 13-Apr-17 14:50:12

To be honest - this is the kind of situation that Ella's pouches were made for. You could probably take some of your homemade stuff in a cool bag with freezer blocks, but it's handy to have a back up.

Nightfall1983 Thu 13-Apr-17 14:56:54

Freeze and put into cool bag BUT don't refreeze at the other end, straight into the fridge.

Youdontwanttodothat Thu 13-Apr-17 14:59:50

Agree with both pp. Prepaid and chill bag to fridge. I remember taking swede purée that dd weirdly liked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now