Talk

Advanced search

Gag reflex

(5 Posts)
Tans1987 Thu 30-Mar-17 16:01:53

Hello ladies my daughter is 6 1/2 months old and I have been weaning her since 5 months. She loves purée but anything with a slight bit of lump in she will gag. Any kind of soft finger food she does exactly the same she's not even swallowing it shes gagging whilst it's sitting on her tongue and eventually makes herself throw up (if I can't get it out quick enough) any idea what I can do here? Xxx

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 30-Mar-17 20:14:02

Have you tried her on any finger food? Just asking as my tongue tied DS couldn't tolerate lumps but could eat toast. Weirdo smile

Tans1987 Thu 30-Mar-17 20:50:22

Yeah tried rusks and Ella's kitchen crisps and the moment it hits her tongue she gags. Ha do you think the toast could work?

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 30-Mar-17 20:59:39

You could try smile

JustMyLuckUnfortunately Tue 04-Apr-17 08:57:41

My DS is 7 months and also seems to have a sensitive gag reflex (friends and nursery said this as he's our first).

I'm just hoping the more things he tries he manages to keep more down. He's great with purees and yogurts etc. Mostly good with bread items, baby biscotti ana rice cakes. But yesterday he was sick when I have him slices of cheese & cucumber as a snack. As for actual food he can only keep soup down if it's puréed and things like nice or chunky mashes veg just sets him off hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now