Talk

Advanced search

Am I over feeding my 8 month old

(7 Posts)
Unicorn22 Mon 20-Mar-17 15:35:08

Hi everyone, my Dd has 3 meals a day. She is also bf in the morning and evening, nurses to sleep at naptimes, and wakes up to bf approximately 2-3 times in the night. I feel like I'm constantly feeding her, does this sound excessive?

Onlyaplasticbagdear Mon 20-Mar-17 15:36:06

I don't think you can over feed a baby. They self regulate.

primaryboodle Mon 20-Mar-17 18:57:27

Sounds exactly like my 8 month old. How much of the meals does she eat and is it spoon fed?

tinypop4 Mon 20-Mar-17 22:27:27

No you're not overfeeding, don't worry. Perhaps start to up her solids a little and she may drop a night feed.

JohnLapsleyParlabane Mon 20-Mar-17 22:31:43

I hated that part of weaning. For us it lasted about 3 months and then she massively increased her solids intake and reduced her bf.

Unicorn22 Tue 21-Mar-17 21:12:21

primary she is mainly spoon fed, she takes approximately 3 ice cubes of food and then on top of that has the odd finger foods but most of that ends up anywhere but her mouth!

I will try and up solids and see how she goes. But she still relies on nursing to sleep, whether it is for naps or night sleep. Unless we are out and about, then she can fall asleep in car/pram without a feed. Still an area we are trying to work on.

Littleguggi Fri 28-Apr-17 14:35:25

Sounds exactly like my 8 month old!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now