Talk

Advanced search

My son is 8 months old and is not drinking formula

(7 Posts)
Ellie1906 Sat 18-Mar-17 13:45:50

My son is 8 months old and ever since he has started eating 3 meals a day his bottle intake went down but now I am lucky to get him to drink one 4oz formula bottle per day. Is he to young to start giving him cows milk in a bottle ?

dementedpixie Sat 18-Mar-17 17:22:09

Yes he is. Are you mixing formula in with cereal and other foods? Have you tried offering in a cup?

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 26-Mar-17 20:40:14

Yes he is too young for cow's milk. Could you cut out one of his meals? As demented says, are you giving him formula with his food like missing it with ready break for breakfast?

purplecoathanger Sun 26-Mar-17 20:44:48

You could also try and get dairy into him from foods like yoghurt and cheese.

Squaffle Mon 27-Mar-17 15:25:16

Our DD is the same, she's never really liked milk. Have you got a baby clinic nearby? The Health Visitors at ours gave me some really good leaflets about calcium and iron, listing different foods and how much of each is in them, so that you can make sure your LO gets enough through food. Definitely try what PPs have said and add as much as you can to food; ReadyBrek and Weetabix soak up a lot! Also remember to give a vitamin supplement; Wellbaby do a really good one with iron for 4-12 months.

Heirhelp Wed 12-Apr-17 15:58:19

If he is on less than 17oz of formula you need to give vitamins.

ZZZZ1111 Mon 17-Apr-17 20:39:51

Is he filling up too much on the food? Milk should be his main form of nutrition before he's one, so maybe cut back on amount of food he's having so that he'll drink more milk?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now