Talk

Advanced search

Ella's Kitchen and weaning books worth it?

(10 Posts)
GemSingleton Thu 09-Mar-17 16:12:21

My son is almost 5 months and I'm looking forward to when he turns 6 months to try him on different things. My question is, is it worth getting weaning books, like Ella's kitchen and other weaning recipe books or not? I know we have a wealth of knowledge on the internet but sometimes it's nice to read from an actual book. I have a couple of cook books Marry Berry etc and love that. But not sure if it's worth the money for only a few months?

AveEldon Fri 10-Mar-17 14:19:02

Boots do a freebie Ella's kitchen book with their advantage card

Lilypurple Fri 10-Mar-17 14:23:42

Not worth it. Food has salt and sugar in it so you may as well adapt your own recipes. I think sainsburys have a lovely weaning recipe book that whole family can eat.

AveEldon Fri 10-Mar-17 22:46:00

Or borrow from your local library

Jenniferb21 Fri 10-Mar-17 22:55:06

Annabel karmel is absolutely brilliantly for education and recipes I couldn't of done as well without it x

Only1scoop Fri 10-Mar-17 22:56:15

The A K one followed by the toddler one. Brilliant

shirleycartersaidso Fri 10-Mar-17 22:57:47

Yes for ideas how to make normal food baby friendly if you're not a cook, normally loads in the library.

HandbagFan Sat 11-Mar-17 11:06:13

I bought the BLW recipe book and have been using it regularly for ideas for meals we can all eat as a family. It's mostly pretty simple stuff my mum always used to cook but it's useful to have a recipe to follow!

Hellmouth Sat 11-Mar-17 11:11:55

I was given the Ella kitchen book by a friend and I have found it useful so far. Would be more useful if DS would open his mouth tho! He's 8 months old and refuses to open his gob for anything lol

GemSingleton Mon 13-Mar-17 14:52:47

Thank you for all the responses. I'll have a look around the supermarkets see what I can find. Wasn't sure wether to just blend some foods up and mix it up with other flavours when he gets to 6 months. I was thinking of doing a mixture of BLW and purée. At least with the purée you know how much is actually going in and not on the floor lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now