Talk

Advanced search

Quick, light, dinner ideas.

(8 Posts)
Summerdays2014 Thu 09-Mar-17 12:53:43

Hi,

My son is 14 months and has his 'main' meal at lunch eg beef stew yesterday, fish in tomato sauce with cous cows today.

I'm looking for ideas for his dinner at about 4pm. I tend to go for beans on toast, scrambled eggs or jacket potatoes. He has various sandwiches for his dinner at nursery 3 days a week.

Thanks everyone.

Gizmogrim0309 Mon 13-Mar-17 23:08:09

My LO loves a quick omelette or french toast fingers around 4pm as same as you, main meal is around lunch time.

Pipsicola Tue 14-Mar-17 20:58:02

I just do a snacky dinner too. I batch cook some savoury muffins (e.g. broccoli/tomato/cheese) which I freeze and defrost as needed. Other ideas include - falafels, soup (thick veggie/beans), omelettes, pasta with batch cooked veggie sauce. Hope that helps!

Zahrah5 Tue 14-Mar-17 22:26:09

Is that his last meal of the day?

ronconcoke Tue 14-Mar-17 23:12:06

Pipsi could you share your veggie/bean soup and also veggie pasta sauce recipe please? I struggle with inspiration for lunches this end, as she eats her main meal with DS in the evenings. Thanks!

Summerdays2014 Wed 15-Mar-17 08:34:12

Thank you. It's good to get some inspiration. I often feel stuck in a bit of a rut!

Pipsicola Thu 16-Mar-17 19:21:00

Sorry - I don't really have a recipe as tend to just cook whatever veggies/beans I've got in the fridge with some herbs and maybe lentils for protein for the soup and again the pasta sauce fry onions/garlic, add tomatoes, basil then whatever veg I've got in. Again tend to make more than I need and freeze. My DD has loved every combination!

ronconcoke Thu 16-Mar-17 22:57:59

No worries, that's great, thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now