Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Why does baby cry after trying her first food?

(5 Posts)
cuddlebug Mon 06-Mar-17 21:16:10

I have not weaned my son yet and won't be until 6 months but a friend of mine gave her LO some banana porridge at the weekend for the first time (she is 21 weeks), and she had 3 teaspoons. Apparently afterwards, she started having really runny poo and was crying / screaming like she was in agony. She's fine now but does this mean 3 tsp is too much? She used cool boiled water!

melonribena Mon 06-Mar-17 21:18:10

I'm no expert but 21 weeks seems very early and maybe the baby's tummy isn't ready for food

MamaHanji Mon 06-Mar-17 21:21:07

I would definitely speak to my gp or health visitor about that reaction if it was my little one. And I wouldn't give anymore food until I had. My second baby is only 3 months and is breastfed and has that reaction along with extreme rancid gas and stomach pains after if I consume eggs, soy or dairy, so I would be inclined to think it's some sort of intolerance. It's rare to be intolerant to bananas but it's possible as my sister is and they give her horrific stomach pains.

My first who is now 2.8, who I weaned with BLW at around 5 months, she used to cry when the food was finished because she loved it so much 😂

arbrighton Mon 06-Mar-17 21:23:58

Nephew has always had issues with banana- rash on face etc after eating it

Zahrah5 Tue 07-Mar-17 15:58:24

What kind of porridge? Made out of what? Did the grain contained gluten? Did it contain cows milk?
Also porridge combined with fruit is bad combination for young children to eat,very bad for digestion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now