Daughter almost 7 months 22lb
Has 6 6oz a day with 1 sachet of gaviscon for reflux
On Zantac 3x day 0.5ml
Five table spoons of carrot purée at lunch then last night had same again
But I just a little worried that she is having to much as she is heavy
But more worried about
Suffering with wind pain at night

AssassinatedBeauty Mon 13-Feb-17 09:37:32

I don't think carrot purée is going to be over fattening, it's not got a lot of calories in it (assuming you're not adding butter or anything).

As she's nearly 7 months, you could try letting her self feed and do baby led weaning? Or if you'd rather keep doing purée, you could increase the amount of finger foods you give alongside the purée.

Jaagojaago Mon 13-Feb-17 09:47:25

At 7 months no need for puréed food - sit her at the table while you eat and give her bits of what you're eating

HandbagFan Mon 13-Feb-17 17:11:54

Just answered on your other thread, but carrot is barely anything and isn't the reason she's heavier than other babies.

That said, DS never had 36ozs of milk a day. But if she wants it, then keep giving it.

dementedpixie Mon 13-Feb-17 17:17:23

At 7 months she can have foods that are more substantial than a bit of carrot purée. My ds was 21lbs at 23 weeks so I don't know why you are worrying about her weight.

At that age you should be giving finger foods too. She can also have meat, pasta, fruits, veg, rice, dairy products, etc

flowerpower22 Tue 14-Feb-17 22:38:40

She won't have finger food and spits any lumps out and to me she is big when she was born0.4th percentile I was proud that she has thrived but I was a large child I don't want to feed her crap I want her to be healthy what else can I give her I am starting to doubt if she was ready to eat food at 6months I feel terrible

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now