Talk

Advanced search

Breakfast ideas

(15 Posts)
Unicorn22 Sat 11-Feb-17 21:30:48

Hi everyone, just wanted to get some ideas on what your LO has for breakfast? My DD is 6.5 months old and weaning is going well, but need some inspiration on giving her a more varied breakfast. So far we have baby rice, rice with various fruit purée mixed in, fruit. Tried to give her some porridge but she didn't seem too impressed!

Thanks!

Passmethecrisps Sat 11-Feb-17 21:32:34

Could you give her some rice cakes? My dd would eat anything spread on a rice cake.

A finger of toast with mashed banana or avocado?

Yogurt?

PovertyJetset Sat 11-Feb-17 21:34:36

Mashed banana with blueberries warmed though it.

Avocado mushed up.

Wholewheat sugar free cheerio type things.

Cream cheese on toast fingers.

Scrumptiousbears Sat 11-Feb-17 21:39:43

My DD old loved Weetabix with warm milk.

I also gave her porridge with fruit purée.

Bellaposy Sat 11-Feb-17 21:41:35

Try porridge with fruit puree mixed in - my DD goes mad for it but isn't hugely keen on porridge alone.
Second the others suggesting toast etc
Aldi/Ella's kitchen do a few 'baby brekkie" pouches (mango, blueberry etc). I sometimes give her these just for a change and she loves them.

HeyMicky Sat 11-Feb-17 21:45:01

Scrambled egg
Dry cereal
Different kinds of bread - toast, crumpets, fruit loaf, croissant
Pancakes and muffins
Porridge pancakes - make porridge, put in flat container, microwave till firm then cut into slices

Ilovewillow Sat 11-Feb-17 22:00:43

Toast, dry cereal, pancakes (the American style are a little thicker and easier to get to grips with), weetabix (wash it up immediately though it's like glue when dry)!

ispymincepie Sat 11-Feb-17 22:08:57

Avocado or Philadelphia on toast
Scrambled egg and cheese
Marmite in crumpets
Soggy cereal with banana/blueberries

Unicorn22 Sat 11-Feb-17 22:13:52

Thanks for the replies! Stupid question - wth toast do you give it dry? Or spread butter on it? Not sure about salt etc.! Also With yoghurt I presume natural or Greek? I know stuff like petit filous has lots of sugar.

As you can see I am very new to this!

Passmethecrisps Sat 11-Feb-17 22:22:25

Try both and see what LO prefers. A light spread of butter will be ok salt wise.

Yogurt - natural or Greek with a touch of fruit purée would be nice

Highlove Mon 13-Feb-17 08:39:41

I use unsalted spreadable butter for the baby. Usually lurpak or president brands.

Highlove Mon 13-Feb-17 08:40:45

And plain Greek yoghurt - is more creamy and thick than natural and also doesn't have that slightly sharp after taste.

ronconcoke Wed 15-Feb-17 20:37:53

I give DD weetabix with mashed fruit (she's 9mo, when younger I pureed the fruit) or Ready Brek, again with mashed fruit. Fruit tends to be banana or pear - or whatever I have handy that's nice and ripe.

imayhavelostmymarbles Wed 15-Feb-17 20:40:21

French toast fingers went down well with mine.

Etak15 Wed 15-Feb-17 20:43:41

Agree with weetabix, or ready break - mine never seemed to like the texture of porridge till a bit older then loved it which is great as it's easy to make a big pan of porridge for everyone now.Any butter/spread that you use yourself is fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now