Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Weaning - what do I need to buy?

(10 Posts)
Craftycakey15 Sat 11-Feb-17 16:04:20

Ive been told to wean my baby early in a couple of weeks - she will be 17 weeks. Please can anyone advise what I need to buy to get started and where I get it? I have bought some tiny individual pots from John Lewis but that's all.Thanks for any advice!

Juveniledelinquent Sat 11-Feb-17 16:09:42

Some children's plastics spoons and some plastic dishes. I think that's everything.

Craftycakey15 Sun 12-Feb-17 14:06:47

For food preparation? I don't have a blender or food processor and am thinking of getting one of those baby ones?

dementedpixie Sun 12-Feb-17 14:11:39

Any reason for the early weaning advice? I used a cheap stick blender for my two

QueenRefusenik Sun 12-Feb-17 14:18:07

BIBS! And lots of them so you can wash while wearing! Cheap stick blender (wilkos did the job for me!). Maybe an ice-cube trsy so you can freeze mini-portions of puree. And some ready-made pouches for those days when you just cba

MollyRedskirts Sun 12-Feb-17 14:18:10

I didn't have to wean early, but I still got a list of recommended foods and ages to introduce them. I think it was on the NHS site. Assuming you're starting from knowing nothing, get that list because babies weaned under 6 months can't have certain foods. Obviously get medical advice from whoever recommended early weaning sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs.

I had a stick blender and just used that. Tbh, I didn't puree much in the beginning because I was finding I was ending up with litres of fruit mush with no way to use it up.

I'd get little lidded pots, IKEA plastic cutlery, plates and bowls (for later on), and some tiny spoons for starting off with. You can freeze food in a few pots, then take it out and put it all in a sandwich bag to save space.

kel1234 Sun 12-Feb-17 14:21:42

We got plates and bowls and the soft spoons to start with. We got the bibs with the pouch at the bottom to catch bits of food. We also got storage pots and a baby blender, as it was easier than using the big one (and lo had all homemade food puréed).

Craftycakey15 Tue 14-Feb-17 20:20:35

Which baby blender do you have? I want to get one as Mine is so heavy and big to use got such small portions.

NannyR Tue 14-Feb-17 20:23:13

You don't really need a blender, mashing or giving finger food chunks is fine. But if you want to get one, just get a basic stick blender, it doesn't have to be a specific baby blender.

Craftycakey15 Thu 16-Feb-17 21:41:22

Ok, I just thought as they steam and blend small amounts too it might be easier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now