Talk

Advanced search

anyone else want to join: planning to start weaning in next few weeks or so (not BLW particularly)

(3 Posts)
Gemmitygem Mon 26-Feb-07 13:26:17

Would be good to have some company!

DS is nearly 5 months, gets breastfed morning and evening and expressed breastmilk from a bottle in the day (I'm working full time)..

So far have given him a taste of banana, he looked confused!

Planning to carry on bf but also try giving him a bit of veg, oat porridge etc from 5 months, just to try, but it won't be specially 'baby led' or whatever, I mean I won't be forcing him to take anything but yes, I guess it may involve a spoon, I will mash things up a bit and I will be guiding him and helping him.

anyone else about to start?

AntandBee Mon 26-Feb-07 15:39:16

Hello, we started a couple of weeks ago, LO is 6 months. Using the same approach as you I guess. I offer her a spoon of mush, she shoves it in her mouth or conducts an invisible orchestra with it.
Let us know how you get on.

MrsBadger Mon 26-Feb-07 15:43:09

I'm not weaning at the moment, but will just say that if he's as confused by everything else as he was by the banana, don't take it as an affront to your cooking! Try leaving it for a few weeks and coming back to it when he's a bit older.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now