Talk

Advanced search

Nearly 11 month won't eat food

(1 Post)
ToffeeForEveryone Mon 30-Jan-17 20:46:47

DS is 11 months next week and I'm starting to worry that he's really not progressing with weaning. Help and ideas needed! I'm clueless as this is our first baby and I'm worried I'm messing his eating up and will cause him problems.

He was doing really well with early weaning from 6 - 8 months then got a bad stomach flu / norovirus (DH and me both got it too, it was not pleasant) at the end of November through to the New Year. He lost a load of weight and completely stopped taking solids, he was barely tolerating minimum amounts of formula / sometimes just water for up to 48 hours at a time.

In the last 4-5 weeks or so he's got his appetite back and put on weight again, but he's so resistant now to eating solid meals. We can only get him to eat some mainly sweet things: fruit puree, yogurt, toast, breadsticks and crackers, bananas. He will take a few spoons maximum of Weetabix or any baby food jar or sweet veg puree. He completely refuses anything vaguely savoury - green veg, cheese, fish. He won't take even sweet or mild things as finger foods - strawberries, red peppers, cucumbers. The only finger food he eats is toast or crackers.

I'm running out of ideas. I don't want to restrict his milk because that's his main nutrition but I feel that's the only next option. We are still offering him bottles every 3 hours or so, which I expect is too much for a baby his age. I'm offering him a lot of different types of food, but to be honest I am caving once he doesn't eat them and giving him banana or yogurt just so he has something. I realise this is probably not a good idea but don't know what to do sad

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now