loader

Talk

Advanced search

If I use formula to make up purees

(9 Posts)
LucyJones Thu 22-Feb-07 12:01:02

How long can I leave them in the fridge for? Would it be 24 hours? TIA

fizzbuzz Thu 22-Feb-07 12:20:41

I don't know, I just used to make up big with formula and bung them straight in freezer when cool

inmyopinion Fri 23-Feb-07 19:39:46

how long can u keep in the freezer???

clairemow Fri 23-Feb-07 19:44:10

I would just make it up thick and then freeze it, then add formula to make it less thick as you use it.

fizzbuzz Sat 24-Feb-07 08:03:54

I think 1 month for milk based products. Having said that dd still has the odd thing that has been frozen longer.....erm.. quite often actually

I think it is 24 hours in a fridge

Twinklemegan Sat 24-Feb-07 21:37:38

How old is your DC LucyJones? Because I tend to use cows milk not formula as I'm just not sure about refridgerating/freezing formula for any length of time.

LucyJones Sat 24-Feb-07 21:38:54

nearly 6 months. I know poast 6 months she can have cow's milk but not before. Feel like I'm pureeing and giving bottle sall day atm! Not to mention feeding almost 3 year old and dh and I. Feel tied to kitchen

Twinklemegan Sat 24-Feb-07 21:41:55

Have you tried making up batches for the freezer in ice cube trays? I find it much more convenient (mind you I did have to acquire a cheap microwave as it drove me mad trying to heat them up otherwise). I'd go with Clairemow's suggestion and mix the formula in before you serve it. Alternatively, I used to use cooking water from the veg to thin the puree before freezing - but I just hated adding formula to things.

LucyJones Sat 24-Feb-07 21:44:31

I have frozen a few tings so maybe I should do that a bit more. And using water instead of formula sounds a good idea. Thanks for your help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now