Talk

Advanced search

OK, so my last thread title was really boring...

(3 Posts)
Twinklemegan Wed 21-Feb-07 22:33:55

... and I'm impatient.

Has anyone found the recommended portion size in the Annabel Karmel book really small? I've recently tried a couple of her recipes, but I've found that it doesn't make nearly so many portions as she says of the size my DS eats. eg I just made her courgette gratin this evening - it should apparently make six portions - for my son it made two and a bit . Am I stuffing him full to busting?!

I used "another" book a lot in the first stage weaning and have used those suggested portion sizes as a guide and stuck with it. He wolfs down everything I give him, and still takes 21-25 oz of milk a day. He's not a huge baby either - just below average on the centiles - but he is VERY active.

Ali5 Thu 22-Feb-07 08:04:29

I've done a lot of her recipes and tbh never looked at how many portions it makes! I just chuck it in a dish and feed him, if he polishes it all off I'll give him a bit more next day. I think it's because of how I cook normally, I never look at how many people a recipe serves I just eat till I'm full. Maybe that's why I've got hips the size of Manchester

Twinklemegan Fri 23-Feb-07 22:10:32

Thanks Ali. I think I should relax a bit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now