Talk

Advanced search

Baby refusing thicker milk

(4 Posts)
Catdogcat Thu 05-Jan-17 12:15:04

My DD is 6 months, started weaning at 5 months on GP advice due to reflux.

Weaning is going excellently and she's on 3 meals a day of porridge or purée and drinking plenty of water.

She had started taking less milk but still above the recommended amount for her weight. I was ok with this as she was definitely getting enough.

She has been on anti reflux, thickened milk with gaviscon since 5 weeks.

This week however, she's been refusing her milk during the day and only taking bottles at 7am, 7pm and 10pm.

Earlier today I tried her on a sippy cup with the non thickened milk and she took a good 3oz.

Is she telling me her reflux is better and she just doesn't want the thicker milk anymore? (I wouldn't it looks like jelly)

I have no idea what to do for the best and google isn't helping!

Lweji Thu 05-Jan-17 12:18:04

Probably.

I'm sure the gaviscon won't taste great. smile

Is she sitting up? It usually helps with reflux.

See how she does and give her the thinner milk.

Catdogcat Thu 05-Jan-17 12:35:50

She is sort of sitting up. Mostly likes to be stood in the jumperoo of baby walker.

I think I'll just give it a go.

She's started childcare this week and they were slightly concerned she hadn't had enough during the day so I'm keen to get sorted for next week.

Heirhelp Fri 06-Jan-17 12:26:09

My DD was on rantadine and we stopped it before 6 months and we was fine. For most babies reflux goes by 6 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now