Talk

Advanced search

Ikea Antilop

(8 Posts)
JammieDodgem Tue 01-Nov-16 09:32:58

How do you get the baby to stay in there?! We've got the waist strap but dc3just pulls himself out of it and stands up confused

Has anyone else had this problem/found a solution?

seven201 Tue 01-Nov-16 09:35:02

My dd isn't big enough to try that yet but can't you just tighten the strap? I'm probably missing something though.

JammieDodgem Tue 01-Nov-16 09:47:24

Because it just goes across the waist it would have to be really cutting in before it would be right enough for him to not wriggle out by leaning forwards on his tray and pulling his bottom up iyswim?

He's dc3 and the others just sat in it so I've not had this problem before grin

DefinitelyNotRuth Tue 01-Nov-16 09:54:30

Have you tried one of those blow up cushions? I used one with DD1 and it made the chair a bit smaller so she couldn't get her leg up to stand

DefinitelyNotRuth Tue 01-Nov-16 09:57:35

Posted too soon!!
This is the one I mean. It's called Stadig or something

Helenluvsrob Tue 01-Nov-16 09:58:02

full harness?

NotAPuffin Tue 01-Nov-16 10:00:42

We got a harness and reins set from mothercare, ditched the reins part and attached the harness to the chair. There was no other way to contain DS in it.

I remember once when DD was 2 and DS was about 8 months, they were both sitting in their Antilops in the kitchen. I popped into the dining room for something and DD called after me 'mama, DS is doing something he shouldn't' - when I ran back in, DS was out of the waist strap and sitting happily on the arm of the chair with his feet in the seat. I'm not sure I've fully recovered yet from that and it was 4 years ago...

JammieDodgem Tue 01-Nov-16 11:32:07

NotaPufgin - I know the feeling! I've been in the room with them but cooking for eg and just turned round in time to lift him off the tray!

Will look for a harness - wasn't sure how to combine the 2.

We do have the insert somewhere but hadn't thought of using it now he's bigger.

Thanks for all the tips!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now