8 month old won't take expressed milk from a beaker/cup

(5 Posts)
user1472582572 Sat 08-Oct-16 18:15:37

I've returned to studying and I've been expressing milk for my baby to have while I'm away, but DS won't take any. I've used the NUK Mickey Mouse Learner Cup for the expressed milk, but he refuses it. However, he'll drink water from the Tommee Tippee First Cup. DS will have to do without me for a whole day soon- can anyone offer any help or advice?

JohnLapsleyParlabane Sat 08-Oct-16 18:19:29

I'll probably get flamed for suggesting this but will he take formula? My little one will not take expressed milk but will take formula.

accidentalpirate Sat 08-Oct-16 18:29:25

Same with mine John he won't take expressed but will have formula. If not I'm sure he'd be fine with water for one day. Here are days when my ds hardly drinks at all. Make sure he has lots of watery food or fruit to make sure he's hydrated.

accidentalpirate Sat 08-Oct-16 18:30:21

Or mix your milk into his normal food. Porridge, eggs, avocado. All can be mixed with milk.

babyblabber Sat 08-Oct-16 18:31:38

Have you tried a bottle?! Mine never took milk well from a cup until well over 1. If he's a bottle refuser I found (through a lot of trial and error and expense!) that nuk bottles with a silicone teat in size S (they come with M) and quite hot expressed milk was eventually what worked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now