Talk

Advanced search

Asked many times, but: when do I know it's time to wean completely

(3 Posts)
piakai2013 Fri 01-Jul-16 09:42:28

I need your advice please. I am not sure when to wean completely. My daughter turned one last week and I only breastfeed her before she goes to bed at night and when she wakes during the night. I barely wake up for it as its quite easy as she is sleeping in our bed. i am fine with it, but people seem to think that I should stop it, as it only takes a couple of days and she will be fine with it. Will it be successful if I am unsure if I don't know if I already want to stop? How is your experience?

Artandco Fri 01-Jul-16 09:44:11

Do you need to stop?

Mine both breastfed until 3+ years. Around 1 they would feed 2-3 times a day. Soon dropped to just once in evening but that lasted ages until they dropped that themselves

icclemunchy Fri 01-Jul-16 11:45:42

We're still going at 18 months. She's gradually dropping feeds on her own so I'm going to just let her stop when she's ready. There's quite a few benefits to both mum and toddler to carry on so if you don't have an issue with it then just carry on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now