What would you give?

(6 Posts)
Lillylou1991 Wed 01-Jun-16 07:15:43

Hellooo!

Ive got a gorgeous 6 month old boy who has been on solids since 3 months after deciding milk wasnt enough for him!
Weve been livings at my MILs since Harvey was born, just till we had enough to rent a house ourself. Ive appriciated the hospitality and understood we were taking up her space so Harvey has been on cow and gate pots and purees (yes yes i know, thats bad. Dont need to be told!) BUT my plan is to swap him to home cooked meals when we move into our house in a few weeks!
I tried talking to a nutritionist about it but she was more interested talking about what im currently feeding him and making me feel bad about it even though its just circumstantial.
So! What meals would you reccomend for a 6 month old whos been eating since 3 months and loves his food smilecake

Twirlstwirlstwirls Wed 01-Jun-16 07:25:08

I'd try avocado and bananas next

SpeakNoWords Wed 01-Jun-16 07:41:13

They can have anything (apart from honey and whole nuts) from 6 months. I'd be looking at introducing a variety of colour, flavour and texture via finger foods, plus normal homemade food presumably puréed if you're happy with continuing with that.

dementedpixie Wed 01-Jun-16 07:48:17

Pretty much anything is ok except whole nuts, honey and highly salted/sugary foods. Pasta, toast/bread, fruits, veg, meat, rice, dairy, etc are all ok

Lillylou1991 Wed 01-Jun-16 19:10:01

Thank you guys!
Should i just mash it up to introduce texture or invest in a blender? I tried him on lumpy sweet potato with bolognese which he wolfed down grin

winchester1 Wed 01-Jun-16 19:14:38

I'd move to lumpy so he gets use to it and introduce some finger foods. Prob a bit late for blw (baby lead weaning) as you would have to up.his milk to compensate. You could try mashe veg, potatoes, couscous, pasta and sauce, rice, etc. A little fruit here anther but try not to always give sweet options.
My first weaned around 4 months and now eats everything (including his sisters fingers hmm) good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now