advice to wean her off breastfeeding

(9 Posts)
Ramanj0t Fri 20-May-16 18:31:02

My lil princess is 18 months now still breastfeed a with her three meals a day but she is not satisfied until breastfed and won't take naps or go to sleep without being breastfed. Any advice would be great. I have tried her with the formula but she cries hysterically and she wouldn't have normal milk either. Thanks in advance

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 21-May-16 09:10:11

Have you called one of the Bfing helplines? They might be able to help you. Have you got the numbers?

ElectroStallion Sat 21-May-16 09:14:24

She can have normal cows milk, in a beaker now, don't bother with formula (I wouldn't drink it either- smells horrible!).
I cut mine down to morning and night only, then just night, then stopped.
Took a few weeks, but they were fine.

Ramanj0t Sat 21-May-16 09:41:55

I have tried with cows milk she doesn't have that either do u just give cow milk when they ask for the breast how do u do it

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 21-May-16 09:44:32

Neither of mine would touch cows milk until Bfing was well and truly over. How often is she Bfing in the day?

fluffikins Sat 21-May-16 16:12:13

Can you express some breast milk for a while and get her used to that in a cup? Then slowly mix it with cows milk (or whatever milk substitute) until there's no bm left?

Ramanj0t Sat 21-May-16 17:58:24

She's has it on demand really specially 3-4 times during day and once or twice at night and small feeds as well during the day

thestarryeyedsurprise Sat 21-May-16 19:59:46

Watching with interest as I have a 10 month old who is exactly the same

Ramanj0t Sat 21-May-16 21:02:53

Awwww .... Hopefully we can find a solution smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now