Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When would you give dinner in this situation?

(3 Posts)
Nottalotta Mon 25-Apr-16 17:02:40

Ds is 9months, was ebf and we have mostly been blw. I have just started spoon feeding yogurt and weetabix. He has always been a bad napper but has settled into a routine now:
6 wake and bf
7.30 breakfast
9.30 bf and nao
1 lunch
3.30/4 bf and nap
So today he has just woken up. Bedtime started at 6! Would you try to fit food in now? He normally has floor time now.

3 days he is with mum.and Mil and seems to take his afternoon nap earlier with them so he has a snack or meal before they bring him back (I'm at work)

Today he ate half a weetabix with milk, two large strawberry, yogurt and a biscotti for breakfast. Lunch was two mini cheese and tomato pinwheels, two baby plum tomatoes, about 20 blueberries. Half a ready made mini pancake as he was still hungry.

CaptainWarbeck Tue 26-Apr-16 08:39:29

I would try offering him something before bed, maybe about 4.30-5 to see if he's up for it then. If he's not interested he'll let you know.

We were in a similar situation with ours a while ago when he was having really early bedtimes. Often he would surprise us by wolfing down a load of dinner before cooking out at 6. You can always make lunch the biggest meal of the day if he won't eat much before bed.

CaptainWarbeck Tue 26-Apr-16 08:40:35

Oops *conking

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now