Talk

Advanced search

Is this what weaning looks like?!

(4 Posts)
DontBuyANewMumCashmere Wed 16-Mar-16 20:37:53

DD 15mo has a morning feed and a bedtime feed (fed to sleep blush I know...)

Last week one morning she woke up and didn't ask (sign) for milk. So I didn't give her any. The next morning we went back to milk in the morning, no probs.

Tonight at bedtime she asked for milk after story but when I stood up to turn the light off she reached out for her dummy (blush I know, again!) and proceeded to suck dummy and cuddle me for about 30 mins. She did eventually sign for milk again so I fed her to sleep.

Does this sound like the beginning of the end? Is it going to last forever?!

DontBuyANewMumCashmere Thu 17-Mar-16 19:17:24

Bump?

Just wondering how long this process took for others really.
Again tonight she had dummy and even pointed at her cot so we tried in there but she wanted cuddles again. Then after another 10 mins or so she asked for milk.

I'm guessing it could be months?

daluze Fri 18-Mar-16 21:01:41

My DS1 dropped evening feed around 18 months, continued with morning feed on and off (longest gap without feeding 3 weeks) until his 2nd birthday, and then finally stopped when I got pregnant with DS2. So yep, it could be months if you go with the flow. I didn't want to stop feeding until I got pregnant, and was quite happy that he stopped himself without me denying him milk.

DontBuyANewMumCashmere Mon 21-Mar-16 20:26:17

Thanks daluze

Bump for any more info?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now