Talk

Advanced search

How quickly did your BF baby drop milk feeds?

(4 Posts)
PumpkinPi84 Mon 15-Feb-16 21:49:53

I am BLW my 7mo and have been really taken aback by how quickly he has dropped his daytime milk feeds. I appreciate that there is a wide range of normal, however I was wondering how many daytime milk feeds other babies are having at this stage?

TIA

spillyobeans Wed 17-Feb-16 06:13:33

I combine feed my lo who is approaching 8month. Saying that, he only has formula maybe once, twice a week if his gran is watching him and i rarely give it to him. I was a taken back at this too. Alot of books say as long as they are getting at least 500ml (just under 2 9oz bottles a day) then its fine. If my lo is having formula he barely takes 7oz and he really wont take anymore. However he doe hapily breastfeed (i onviously dont know how much hes getting) but id say a normal day is: bf in morn before breakfast (normally the biggest feed of day). Then maybe mid morning if grumpy but probs only a wee comfort suck. After lunch and im between dinner he will probs pop on and off 2 or 3 times for 20 mins a pop. Then before bed usualy a longer feed

babyandnames Fri 19-Feb-16 18:20:48

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

NickyEds Fri 19-Feb-16 21:31:51

Really quickly. Dd is 7 and a bit months and it's like pulling teeth trying to get her to feed in the day. She's mix fed so has some f in the evening so I know she's getting some milk but she's much more interested in food-I'm worried it won't be enough to maintain bf tbh. Ds was ff by this point (only bf to 6 months) and didn't drop feed until 8.5-9 months so it's been a bit of a shock.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now