Talk

Advanced search

7mo getting upset at feeding times

(5 Posts)
Littlepig8834 Sun 17-Jan-16 18:35:52

We started weaning at 6mo and our DD was fine to begin with, however now she goes crazy when we try and feed her, screaming and crying. She takes the food, but cries in between mouthfuls and doesn't settle until we give her some milk.

Do I keep on going offering food, or should I do a couple of milk only days to see if that settles her?

She was eating everything we were offering and seemed to be enjoying it.

Has anyone else had this behaviour? Not sure if it's linked to her teething or not.

scrumptiouscrumpets Mon 18-Jan-16 09:25:29

Could she be thirsty?? Maybe try giving her some water before feeding?

Belleende Sat 23-Jan-16 22:09:23

Are you feeding her fast enough? I have a 7mo as well, if you don't shovel the grub in quick enough she gets well pissed off. Literally have the next spoonful in there asap. This is not a house of baby led weaning. Literally the only thing she doesn't want to muck about with is food. She wants fed and quickly. No finger food is entertained until she has a full belly.

Littlepig8834 Sat 23-Jan-16 22:27:29

I think it was down to speed! I've found that having another spoonful ready once one has been swallowed has lessened the screaming fits!

Also started giving water with food, so it could have been thirst too.

No baby led weaning here either, I give her finger foods, which she promptly picks up and then drops on the floor!

Belleende Mon 25-Jan-16 11:10:00

Yes! I got one right. That never happens. Enjoy speedy meals.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now