Talk

Advanced search

Weaning

(5 Posts)
rosiesmummy0302 Wed 09-Dec-15 13:18:16

Hello Mums smile

I am a first time mummy and my daughter has just turned 6 months old and i started to wean her last week, i have been giving her baby porridge to start with for breakfast and she loves it but i dont know when i should introduce a meal at lunch time then at dinner time?
I have read magazines and leaflets but nothing really tells me information on what i am wanting to know sad

Could some mums out there please help me!

Thank you in advance smile

Chloe x

BifsWif Wed 09-Dec-15 13:24:56

My daughter is 7 months so we started a month ago. I just offered a few spoonfuls of purée to start with at lunchtime, and as I'm doing baby led weaning I just put her in her chair at teatime and let her try things like broccoli, strawberries, breadstick etc.

She's still not on three proper meals a day and hasn't dropped a bottle yet although she doesn't finish her teatime bottle anymore so I imagine it won't be long until she drops that.

Food is for fun usually until they're around one, so just offer a little bit at lunch/tea and follow baby's lead. She'll let you know if she wants more.

BifsWif Wed 09-Dec-15 13:25:39

My daughter loves her porridge too, that was the first thing we introduced!

CultureSucksDownWords Wed 09-Dec-15 18:30:07

The NHS weaning page has a lot of useful info, and explains that you should aim to move towards 3 meals a day by around 8 to 9 months.

rosiesmummy0302 Fri 11-Dec-15 19:24:47

Thank you so much everybody! smile smile smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now