Talk

Advanced search

Ikea Antilop

(8 Posts)
FlumptyDumpty Fri 04-Dec-15 11:56:59

About to start weaning, and looking at high chairs. I love the sound of the Antilop, but am wondering how easy it is to take the legs off? We're in a small flat, so it would be good to put it away between meals. Would this be quick and easy, or a total faff? If a faff, I'll have to go for a folding one, but am worried DD will flop about in one for a while.

BugritAndTidyup Fri 04-Dec-15 12:09:22

I've just tried on mine and it's pretty easy. It has those little push-in domes that fit into holes (clear as mud?). Bit sore on fingers but I covered my thumb with my jumper and It was no problem. Attaching them again is very easy too.

Having said that mine is 4 years old so design could have changed but I doubt it.

Honestly, get the antilop. It's brilliant. Even left up it feels like it takes up much less space than the folding ones.

BugritAndTidyup Fri 04-Dec-15 12:10:56

Doing it a couple of times a day might be a bit off a faff, but I'm very very lazy, and I'd say the same is true of the fold-up ones. It's easier to clean too.

CorBlimeyTrousers Fri 04-Dec-15 12:27:13

Yes pushing in the little metal button can be hard on the thumbs. But if you're doing it every day you might develop the knack. I agree that the Antilop is a great chair and almost certainly the best choice at the best price. Go for it.

ElderlyKoreanLady Fri 04-Dec-15 12:34:14

The fold up chairs take up far more space than you realise when folded anyway. I spent something like £60 on one. It was a bastard to clean, far too bulky and I paid for bells and whistles we really didn't need.

I gave that to DM (she wanted a naice chair for DD when she's over, nothing cheap) and bought an antilop. It's a dream to clean and DD is far more comfortable in it. Might be a bit faffy taking the legs off twice a day but as it's only a bit wider than a collapsed naice one, I'd just leave it up. If you think you won't get annoyed removing the legs (takes seconds per leg) then definitely go for it.

ChairoftheBored Fri 04-Dec-15 15:15:29

Have you a sturdy table or breakfast bar thingy? We got one of those travel ones you clamp onto a table, which was fab - really compact, and took up no floor space at all. In fact it was so good we never quite got round to getting a 'proper' high chair at all!

Peach1886 Fri 04-Dec-15 15:29:57

We travel about a fair bit to family and friends all over the country, and the Antilop always goes with us - it's super easy to take apart and put back together (it takes about a minute tops) and the legs click in to the chair solidly so you know it's safe. As the others have said, it's also really easy to clean.

FlumptyDumpty Fri 04-Dec-15 18:50:35

Thanks all! Looking like I should give the Antilop a punt. Really appreciate your help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now