Talk

Advanced search

11 month led refuses ALL milk- calcium-rich finger food please!

(6 Posts)
DillieDoily Wed 02-Dec-15 15:19:01

My 11 month old DD has refused to BF for the past few days and also won't take any milk (cows, EBM or any brand of formula) from any type of cup or bottle. She used to take a bottle before bed but has refused this for the past few months, but refusing the boob is a new development! Self-weaning at 11 months? She drinks lots of water from sippy cups, straw cups etc but as soon as I try milk in them she shudders then throws them away.

I'm very worried she's not getting enough calcium in her diet. Any ideas for calcium-rich finger foods or general advice? She totally refuses to be spoon fed, and refuses all breakfast cereals, porridge, porridge fingers, yoghurts, fromage frais, yoghurt pouches etc. She loves eating lumps of cheese but I'm worried about giving her too much because of the salt levels.

expectantmum79 Sat 12-Dec-15 09:00:01

I buy feta and herb/mozzarella and tomato parcels from M&S and DS who is 11 months like your DD loves them. They're easy to pick up too.

How about a ciabatta with a little cheese and garlic on (you can buy them part baked add your topping and finish in the oven.

Custard?

CultureSucksDownWords Sat 12-Dec-15 22:41:23

Have you tried warm milk? Maybe it's the temperature that she doesn't like.

Laquila Sat 12-Dec-15 22:47:20

I seem to remember mozzarella is a bit lower in salt than normal cheddar. Will she spoon-feed herself anything?

Laquila Sat 12-Dec-15 22:52:11

Avocado and butternut squash are also good for calcium - my son loved both at that age, maybe worth a try?

Fannyfannakerpants Sat 12-Dec-15 22:55:33

She may just be on a bit of a strike? Are hey teeth coming through? You could keep trying to feed her if your not ready to quit.
As for calcium rich: green veg, sesame seeds (tahini), nut spreads, chia seeds, tinned salmon or sardines with bones in, bone broth as a stock (boiled bones with stock veg and a bit of vinegar) and cooking with milk (custard, yogurt, white sauce). And if in doubt, calcium tablets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now