Talk

Advanced search

Gagging

(4 Posts)
StarTravels Sat 21-Nov-15 20:16:10

I'm struggling to get my 6 month old to eat finger foods without gagging. He's fine on purees as long as they are very smooth, but gags on anything slightly thicker. As soon as he gags he vomits. This seems to happen without anything actually being stuck in his throat, just a larger lumpier piece of food will cause it. I'm not sure what to do. I was contemplating BLW but it feels like that won't be possible. Should I just forget about finger foods and just continue to puree everything? I don't understand why he keeps being sick but it's pretty alarming when it happens! Does anyone have any tips?

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 24-Nov-15 08:47:28

Has he ever been checked for tongue tie?

StarTravels Tue 24-Nov-15 09:31:20

He did have a tongue tie actually but it was snipped. It was quite severe. He had very limited movement.

Could that be causing it even though it was cut?

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 24-Nov-15 17:58:54

Run fortunately it can reattach. My DS had tongue tie and could only manage super smooth purées for a long time.

It might be worth getting him checked as it affected my DSs speech for a long time. His sleep was horrendous as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now