Talk

Advanced search

Routines and food ideas?

(2 Posts)
GembalouB Wed 04-Nov-15 10:44:29

What are your routines for your 7 (or thereabouts) month olds?!

Ours goes as as follow;

Wakes any time between 7 and 8 and has a 7oz bottle.
8.30 breakfast - porridge
10.30 7oz bottle
12ish lunch, either toast or a sandwich.
2.30 7oz bottle
5ish dinner - mashed veg and fruit.
6.30pm 7oz bottle and bed.

So I have a couple of questions!
Is she having too much milk? I've heard they'll drop them when they're ready, when does this generally happen? She's showing no signs of dropping any of hers, she loves her milk!
Is 3 spoons of porridge enough breakfast or should I offer something else with it?
What else can I offer for lunch? Should she be having fruit too? She does occasionally but I don't want her getting a sweet tooth! What sort of fruit and veg is good?!
Also, fromage frais, are any of them any good or are they all full of sugar? Should I just go for natural yogurt instead?
What else can I offer in the way of meals?!

Sorry for all the questions, just want to know I'm on the right track! Hopefully someone can help me!smile

FATEdestiny Wed 11-Nov-15 13:59:54

Your routine looks fine to me. They say a fully weaned child up until being 2 years old should have around a pint of milk a day - so that is 21oz of milk which should be maintained long term. Although this figure does include dairy in her diet too, not just milk.

At 7 months old it is reasonable not to consider your DD is fully weaned onto a full and varied diet. So that fact that she is having one 'extra' bottle still is fine I think. Either the mid-morning or mid-afternoon bottle may well start being naturally dropped over the coming few months.

Is 3 spoons of porridge enough breakfast

How much porridge is too subjective for anyone else to answer. Bigger babies may want more, smaller babies may want less. Babies who like breakfast most will eat more. Babies who like lunch mealtime most may eat less at breakfast. And so on.

They key is to always give more than baby wants. So if baby finishes all 3 spoons, then use this to inform future breakfasts. Make 5 spoons of porridge and see how she goes. Or do 3 spoon fulls of porridge and offer a slice of toast too.

What else can I offer for lunch?

Gosh, there's so much. You could google weaning meal ideas. Bread based meals are easy for baby to hold. Omelette. Diced up ham, squares of cheese and quartered tomatoes. Roasted tomatoes and mushrooms. Hotdogs. Pasta salad.

Should she be having fruit too?

I have always offered a variety of fruit as 'pudding' after lunch and dinner.

What sort of fruit and veg is good?!

Everything! I cannot think of any fruit or veg which is 'bad'. No need to puree.

Also, fromage frais, are any of them any good or are they all full of sugar? Should I just go for natural yogurt instead?

Depends how PFB you want to be. Most of the yoghurts aimed at children contain sugar. Depends on your view. You could do natural yoghurt mixed with fruit puree. Or you could just stress less and buy some petitis filous.

What else can I offer in the way of meals?!

What's wrong withgiving her what you are having?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: