Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

1yo refusing cows milk

(7 Posts)
LoveSnoozeButton Thu 29-Oct-15 13:22:20

I started introducing cows milk as a drink about 2 weeks ago and am having zero success. To be fair, hes not a big formula drinker either. Hes currently down to 2 bottles a day but the total amount he'll drink would be 10oz.

Hes quite underweight for his age so I don't want to give up the milk completely. He doesn't have a huge appetite for food either.
Any tips for getting them to drink cows milk? I've tried it cold and warmed up, I just it spat out at me sad

UmbongoUnchained Thu 29-Oct-15 13:24:15

Some just don't drink it! A few friends of mine have little ones that stopped having milk at around 13 months. My DD is 14 months and probably has about 5oz milk a day. I just make sure she has lots of food with calcium and iron in.

Chchchchangeabout Thu 29-Oct-15 13:29:21

Mine isn't keen and is now over 2yrs old. Happily has cereal with a generous amount of milk, cheese, yoghurt and butter - so gets his dairy in any case.

Paintedhandprints Thu 29-Oct-15 13:37:51

Mine is not fussed about milk. Just make sure I give him plenty of cheese, yoghurt, etc. I was worried he was underweight for a while, but realised he is much more active than his nct buddies and can happily manage walking a couple of km at 18mo. Decided not to sweat it unless he starts to look ill.

KittyandSqueal Thu 29-Oct-15 13:43:58

My dd1 was a massive milk fiend when bfing. She absolutely refuses all cows milk even now at 3. She eats lots of cheese and yogurt so she gets dairy that way. Can't force them

lornathewizzard Thu 29-Oct-15 15:28:48

I don't think that 10oz is that bad is it? We switched DD to cows milk at 12mo, she has a cup in the morning and a cup before bed. Probably 8oz. She has yoghurt and cheese too

shoopshoopsong Thu 29-Oct-15 15:30:29

Have you tried oat/hemp/coconut milk too?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now