Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How do I store and reheat homemade beef stew for 6 month old?

(6 Posts)
Lillamyy1 Mon 26-Oct-15 19:19:22

Made it with a bit of olive oil, baby stock cube, organic beef, tinned tomatoes and water and blended it. There's loads more than he'll want in one sitting but I'm unsure about how to safely save and reheat something with ,meat in for such a young tummy confused

Fluffy24 Mon 26-Oct-15 19:21:58

Freeze in portions, then defrost as needed and heat the in microwave.

Though tbh we normally freeze in family size portions (disposable foil trays) then defrost overnight and heat in oven and we all have some!

Fluffy24 Mon 26-Oct-15 19:23:53

I've never blended it though, just cook until beef nice and soft and chopped up the chunks being served to DS on a chopping board with a knife as DH and I don't want to need to eat blitzed casserole too!

TeamBacon Mon 26-Oct-15 19:32:12

Stick it in ice cube trays, then when frozen pop out and put in freezer bags. When you reheat make sure you heat until piping hot, and then let it cool.

MrsAukerman Mon 26-Oct-15 19:39:41

Portion up and allow to cool as quickly as possible ie in an unheated room or with lids ajar placed far apart or kitchen worktop. As soon as cool freeze. When ready to reuse defrost the night before in the fridge. Microwave or hob until piping hot throughout before serving.

Lillamyy1 Mon 26-Oct-15 20:08:21

Thanks everyone! thlgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now