Talk

Advanced search

What do you have for lunch when weaning?

(6 Posts)
mumhum Mon 19-Oct-15 22:11:58

I find myself eating the other half of the avocado or banana, and not much else. I want to set a good example for my baby, so quick, healthy lunch ideas to eat with a baby who has just started weaning please!

bakingmad83 Tue 20-Oct-15 20:41:11

Hi mumhum, I'm not sure whether you're doing baby led weaning, but even if not, if your little one is over 6 months you should be able to offer soft finger foods like sandwich fingers with soft fillings eg soft cheese, tuna, mashed hardboiled egg (pita bread or sandwich thins are often easier than sliced bread). Alternatively slice a chunk of a jacket potato off and serve with grated cheese, mild chilli etc. You can serve some strips of cucumber, pepper or chunks of tomato (cut into sixths or eights) with whatever you're having for a bit of veg. You may find that nothing really gets eaten at first with the finger foods, but it's a great way to explore different tastes and textures. Sure there'll be plenty more ideas coming your way, but these have gone down quite well here. smile

MilkyChops Tue 20-Oct-15 23:26:08

Pear and apple peelings blush

We're two months in to weaning and I still struggle to feed us both at the same time.

Jacket spuds are great, spoonful for baby, spoonful for me.. finger lunch of toast and fruit is good too as I'm then hands free to eat my beans on toast.

I just tend to wait until his afternoon nap then eat in peace..

Drladybird Wed 21-Oct-15 21:23:36

Usually, we eat leftovers otherwise:
Soup? Can be served in a sippy cup or on a spoon for the little one and in a bowl for you!
Cheese on toast with vegetable sticks?

superbfairywren Wed 18-Nov-15 16:33:37

I make myself something at the same time so if she's having a cream cheese sandwich I might have salad or cheese on toast. Or we have the same thing most of the time, jacket potato with cheese to share, cheese on toast, toasted sandwich. If I'm in a hurrry cinnamon and raisin bagel, buttered and cut into cubes. She's good at feeding herself if its cut up small. Then I can get on and eat mine while tidying up, getting ready to go out whatever while she happily feeds herself cubes of lunch.

superbfairywren Wed 18-Nov-15 16:34:22

When DD was smaller I just ate while she napped so I got some peace!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now