Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Weaning, school run, naps, aargh!

(7 Posts)
mumhum Mon 19-Oct-15 14:01:08

DS1 is at school and DS2 has recently turned 6 months. I feel like there is hardly time for everything in one day. DS2 is not hungry for breakfast after his morning milk as we leave for the school run an hour later. He is sleepy when we return just after 9 so he naps until 10:30 ish. When he wakes (or more often is woken so he is tired enough for a further nap) he has a bottle, then we do lunch about 12. He naps again about 1, again I usually have to wake him about 2:15 latest so he can have a bottle before we do the school run again. Back home about 3:45. DS2 sometimes joins DS1 for tea, sometimes he needs a cat nap. 4th bottle just before bedtime, in bed by 7pm and STTN until 7am. He naps longer at weekends when we are at home, and STTN whatever naps have been like.

Any advice I can make it all seem less hectic in the week?!

Artandco Mon 19-Oct-15 21:27:33

Why you wake him up so much?

I would just let him stay asleep in pram/ sling until he actually wakes up. So if he falls asleep on school run at say 8.45, just leave him to sleep until he wakes. Then you will have more time in the day, and just let him fall asleep during school run also, so if he falls asleep at 1.30pm put him somewhere like sling or pram you can leave him asleep when you leave

mumhum Mon 19-Oct-15 22:20:31

Sorry but was not clear, if he falls asleep in pushchair on the school run he always wakes when we get in but I can scoot him upstairs to his cot and he resettles. He has never slept long in the pushchair, even when I walk him, he is a big wriggler so I think he prefers/needs his cot.

Drladybird Tue 20-Oct-15 13:28:53

It seems like you are really well organised to me! Plus, won't the routine start to change soon as your baby starts to need less sleep and so there will be more time for solid food. With my second, he just fits in around the school run etc and so often snacks on the go...

PennyHasNoSurname Tue 20-Oct-15 13:33:42

Give him a bottle to drink during the school run, if he can hold it yet

Artandco Tue 20-Oct-15 14:07:54

Also you can give hi food first with milk after or less milk as he grows so he will be hungry for breakfast

SheldonsSpotOnTheCouch Fri 06-Nov-15 22:57:13

My ds is 9 months now and we've fallen onto this routine:
6.30am wake up - bf
7.30am breakfast - weetabix, toast to throw around!
Another bf before we leave if wanted
8.45am leave for school
9.15am return home - bf, nap
10am - 11am wake up
11.30am-12pm lunch
1pm bf, nap
2.30pm - 2.45pm wake up
3.00pm school run

Some days it differs but this is roughly how our day goes. If his naps are longer or we have to be out and about he occasionally misses lunch.

You'll fall into a routine eventually smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now