Talk

Advanced search

When does the food throwing stop?

(10 Posts)
Eminybob Wed 12-Aug-15 20:26:00

DS is 13 months and still seems to throw more food on the floor than he puts in his mouth.

We did BLW so I expected this for a while but it's getting beyond a joke now. He went through a stage where he was eating loads and throwing less, but now he's back to just picking at bits and dropping stuff over the edge of the tray.

I'm worried he's not eating enough. He thinks it's hilarious though. I'm starting to get really frustrated now.

Is this normal? What can I do?

YeOldeTrout Wed 12-Aug-15 22:02:04

oh, about 5 yrs or 8yo...

If he's throwing it then he's not hungry. Do something else.

YokoUhOh Wed 12-Aug-15 22:09:20

Yes, this stage goes on for a while. We did BLW and it was messy! Bear in mind that babies and toddlers don't actually need that much food, and that their intake will even out over the course of a week, so they'll be picky for a few days then demolish everything in sight. Good luck!

Eminybob Wed 12-Aug-15 23:05:33

Thanks. I thought we'd turned a corner then tonight he actually chucked sweet potato, his previously favorite food, across the room.

This is imo the hardest part of parenting so far. I was with sil and her 6 week old today and yearned for the pre weaning easy ebf days sad

ScottAndStonebridge Thu 13-Aug-15 03:42:45

I have a 2.4yo and she still can't be trusted with a plate of food in front of her. She's fine if she likes it but if not, it's on the floor. Not fun when you're trying to deal with a colicky newborn.

basilflower Thu 13-Aug-15 14:35:22

Ha ha I just posted exactly the same in parenting (should have checked here first oops!). Ds is almost 1 and is throwing a lot of food on the floor!

Eminybob Thu 13-Aug-15 14:58:37

Ooh I've just checked out your thread. It appears our babies are normal and we have this for a while longer!

basilflower Thu 13-Aug-15 15:15:16

It appears so :-(

Glad I'm not alone though, mealtimes are getting frustrating at times!

Eminybob Thu 13-Aug-15 16:00:04

Oh yes. I'm making cottage pie tonight and he's getting spoon fed!

avocadotoast Thu 13-Aug-15 16:29:47

Would something like this help? www.ezpzfun.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now