Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Middle of night bowel movement after starting weaning - TMI

(5 Posts)
PenguinTheGrey Sun 26-Jul-15 16:20:21

So we started weaning DS last week. Baby rice went down well so yesterday tried pear purée - hubby was in charge as I was away & gave him 2 cubes (ice cube size). He loved it, but then woke DH up at 1am having had a massive, runny, green poo that leaked everywhere. (Weaned him fully from breast to bottle so runny is a step back).

Is this a normal reaction to first foods? Did DH give him too much? Is it a sign that pear is a no-no? Do I just persevere & hope his digestion adjusts?

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 26-Jul-15 18:14:31

How old is he Penguin?

PenguinTheGrey Sun 26-Jul-15 21:44:06

27 weeks yesterday

TheLastPickleInTheJar Mon 27-Jul-15 08:47:20

I'm having a similar experience except my ds poos a bit later - usually 5am. He's 6 months. Sorry i can't help but i'm interested to know if thesis a normal phase.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 27-Jul-15 13:57:55

Their bowel movements certainly do change. Could you try offering solids at breakfast time? That might mean he has his poo earlier.

No need to restrict him to purees and fruit and veg at this age. That advice was given when babies were weaned much younger smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now