Talk

Advanced search

Blw

(5 Posts)
Noidea1 Thu 23-Jul-15 08:32:08

Hi my little boy has been having purees for a few weeks, I have a few questions as I've read the Gill Rapley book and want to move towards Blw but do think that purées may be easier for some meals (especially as I have batch cooked loads) has anyone done a mixture?

He's just over 6 Months what foods would you recommend ? I am going to try and give what we have but sometimes this isn't suitable (eg curry made from paste?) so would love some recipes or some ideas for quick foods or things I can prepare in advance
X

Pointlessfan Thu 23-Jul-15 08:35:59

You could use the purees in sandwiches or on toast! We did BLW and loved it, DD is 16 months now and she'll eat almost anything and feeds herself really well with a spoon.
Her absolute favourite is frittata with lots of potatoes and veg in, that's really easy for little ones to manage. She also likes lentil dahl and porridge which you can make thick enough for them to feed themselves.
The BLW recipe book is good, DH and I enjoy the recipes too!

Roseybee10 Thu 23-Jul-15 22:50:43

I did a lot of meals in slow cooker and froze them. This made the meat tender enough for her to eat but I didn't mash or purée it.
Beef stroganoff
Chicken curry (mild)
Spag Bol
Lasagne
Pasta bake.

endoflevelbaddy Thu 23-Jul-15 23:20:39

I did a mixture, my 2 mainly just had whatever we were eating (I don't cook with salt anyway due to kidney problems). Sometimes that worked better whizzed up and sometimes just in chunks to feed themselves.
My eldest preferred to be fed (still would if she could get away with it), my youngest prefers to do everything herself and swapped between spoon and fingers herself at around 14 mths depending on what she was eating.
They're both good eaters generally, not really had any fussiness to contend with.

Noidea1 Fri 24-Jul-15 19:39:11

Thanks I've been experimenting over the last few days I may go and buy a book tomorrow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now