Talk

Advanced search

How to keep plates off the floor!

(7 Posts)
ATB14 Fri 17-Jul-15 12:44:38

I got so tired of picking up a plate of food off the floor but it is important to me that my little girl gets to discover food and their textures on her own accord.
So to fix the problem of flying plates I got some double sided Velcro. I stuck the dog side onto her feeding chair table and the rough side onto the bottom of all her plates and bowls. Hey presto! No more flying plates.smile

purplemurple1 Fri 17-Jul-15 13:37:52

I just told mine to stop throwing things on the floor, and didn't get drawn into the throw down/pick up game. If its thrown it finshed with. Only took a couple of times for him to understand and stop doing it.

CultureSucksDownWords Fri 17-Jul-15 18:10:12

Doesn't the Velcro on the high chair get really grubby?

MrsHende Fri 17-Jul-15 18:12:09

We just skip the plate altogether and put the food on the tray!

RedCrayons Fri 17-Jul-15 18:13:02

What Purplemuple said. At some point they have to learn that throwing plates on the floor is not on.

LostMySocks Sun 19-Jul-15 20:23:22

DS has the tommy tippy mat. He's not actually a plate checker but it does keep it still which helps him spoon food

Sleepyhoglet Sun 19-Jul-15 20:25:21

Great idea! What happens when you go out though? I tend to put food just on the train.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now