Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Egg allergy caused hives at 7 mo. When to try again?

(6 Posts)
MumOkinTired Fri 03-Jul-15 19:28:02

I gave my dd scrambled egg (not cooked well enough blush) earlier this year and she reacted badly, red itchy face & threw up. My gp mentioned most babies grow out of this and to try again at about a year. Am keen to, but scared of a repeat. Does anyone have experience of this? Would love to be able to serve omelettes, eggy bread etc but at mo I'm terrified. Tia x

fraggle84 Fri 03-Jul-15 20:18:20

For dairy it's every 6 months

WellErrr Fri 03-Jul-15 20:19:09

I was allergic to egg until I was about 4. 11 month old DD is too, I'm in no rush to try again.

Bippidee Fri 03-Jul-15 20:46:43

DD (22m) is now fine with egg, I just kept trying when I remembered. She would come out in hives only though. It is only in the last 2-3 months that she's been ok with egg on its own. Stuff with egg in it (biscuits etc) she has never had an issue with.

Have you tried just the yolk on its own? Often it is the egg-white protein that has an adverse reaction in infants.

MumOkinTired Fri 03-Jul-15 23:37:53

Thanks for these. Yep she doesn't react to egg in stuff like cake or breadcrumbs. Might try yolk on its own to start with. Cheers x

Superworm Fri 03-Jul-15 23:51:13

You need the egg ladder www.allergyuk.org/egg-allergy/egg-allergy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now