Talk

Advanced search

Lunch ideas

(6 Posts)
Thomasjames2007 Mon 22-Jun-15 15:31:24

I'm weaning my DS who is 17 weeks (been advised due to reflux) and I'm ok for breakfast and dinner purée but I'm stuck for lunch ideas? He gets baby porridge for breakfast and a variety of veg for dinner. I've tried some fruit but he isn't that keen so far. Thanks

Wisteria1979 Mon 22-Jun-15 15:38:13

Something carby? Pasta? If puréeing it goes a bit stodgy so maybe mix with veggies or non salt stock. An option is cous cous base as well as that's already in tiny grains. I would probably just go with more fruit / veg though. I have heard avocado and papaya are nice starter foods for reflux babies but have no personal experience.

dementedpixie Mon 22-Jun-15 15:54:21

Does he need 3 meals at that age? I would stick to 1 or 2 for the time being

dementedpixie Mon 22-Jun-15 15:55:03

You shouldnt give pasta at that age unless it is gluten free

CultureSucksDownWords Mon 22-Jun-15 18:24:48

Before 6 months you should stick to fruit/veg and baby rice. So various combinations of those I suppose. Maybe try some more exotic fruits, and keep offering the fruits you've tried. At this age it's just going to be little tastes really.

Wisteria1979 Mon 22-Jun-15 18:44:53

Just remembered that a friend with a reflux baby was told to avoid carrots (acid) and that whilst it's a common early weaning veg it might not go down well. Also to avoid citrus/acidic fruits for a bit longer than normally recommended. With hers butternut squash / sweet potato and that kind of stuff worked well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now